In Vitro Fertilization or IVF was introduced in the United States more than 30 years ago.
Depending on your cause of infertility, the traditional IVF treatment system you may utilize to help you conceive will differ from one couple to another.
Below are some points to consider when opting for Traditional IVF:
- You desire to freeze embryos for future cycles
- You don’t respond to the minimal stimulation oral medications
- If on clomid or other oral medications, your endometrial (uterine) lining is too thin to support a pregnancy
- You are young and have a history of endometriosis that is rapidly progressing and want to assure you have good quality eggs or embryos for later pregnancies before your endometriosis damages or significantly reduces your oocyte pool (ovarian reserve)
- You have cancer and want to freeze your eggs (oocytes) for future use
- If you have polycystic ovarian disease and have been on several cycles of clomid without developing any mature follicles
- If you are getting older, not yet married but want young healthy eggs frozen for later on in life when you do get married then you can have higher pregnancy rates from having younger eggs with lower miscarriage risk
Out of millions of women around the world struggling with fertility problems, only three percent of couples with fertility issues will attempt to get pregnant via in vitro fertilization or IVF. Up to the present time, more than three million infants throughout the globe have been conceived using this method. About one percent of all successful child births in the US are a result of IVF.
Traditional IVF infertility treatment always utilizes injectable medication to promote the production of several eggs. As soon as the female eggs are matured to a particular quantity and size, they are removed surgically with a specific needle under guided ultrasonography. To save 4-16 eggs, the whole procedure will take approximately 10 minutes. The sperm and egg are put together in a specialized dish and placed into an incubator to permit for natural conception to happen. After three to five days, the fertilized eggs or ovum’s are implanted into the womb of a woman through a specialized catheter and confidently the fertilized egg or eggs will insert into her womb.
This kind of in vitro fertilization is still the most utilized throughout the world. This type of IVF method utilizes several fertility medicines both injections and oral that excite the ovaries to yield as many eggs that could be likely per cycle. Each single egg is aimed to be stimulated. The likelihood of multiple births increases.
Due to the higher anesthesia risks, surgical risks, and significantly increased utilization of hormones to achieve adequate ovarian stimulation in women with a BMI (body mass index) over 34 we are not able to offer IVF services until this level is at or below 34.
We have several affordable IVF pricing options.
we want to help you!
Not in Utah? Schedule a phone consultation.
At East Bay Fertility and Wellness Center we share a common goal with you of helping you achieve a successful and healthy pregnancy. Since 1997 we have helped hundreds of couples realize this goal. We have helped bring hundreds of beautiful babies into the world.
high success rates & unmatched patient experience
123 N 500 E | Payson UT 84651