Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) can be an effective and low-cost fertility treatment.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI), is a type of artificial insemination. This can be an effective and low-cost treatment for some forms of infertility. It is also an option for families who have lower sperm counts or those who need to use donor sperm due to their family structure. Sperm that have been washed and concentrated are place directly into the uterus at the time of ovulation to increase a couple’s chances for pregnancy with or without fertility mediations.
Candidates for IUI:
- Women age 40 or under
- Couples with unexplained infertility
- Women with mild endometriosis
- Men with mild Male Factor Infertility
IUI is not effective for:
- Women 41 or over
- Severe cases of endometriosis
- Severe male factor infertiltiy
- Women with blocked fallopian tubes
IUI vs IVF:
- We recommend no more than 3 failed IUI cycles before considering IVF
- If you have a low ovarian reserve or are over the age of 40 and decide to try IUI it is our recommendation that you should consider IVF after no more than 1 or 2 failed IUI cycles
- IVF has a considerably higher rate of success compared to IUI
During your initial consultation we will help you formulate the best fertility treatment plan for you and help you decide if IUI is the right fertility treatment option for you.
We have several affordable IVF pricing options.
we want to help you!
Not in Utah? Schedule a phone consultation.
At East Bay Fertility and Wellness Center we share a common goal with you of helping you achieve a successful and healthy pregnancy. Since 1997 we have helped hundreds of couples realize this goal. We have helped bring hundreds of beautiful babies into the world.
high success rates & unmatched patient experience
123 N 500 E | Payson UT 84651